So 2015 is over already. Feels like I just set my New Year resolutions yesterday and now I have to start thinking of new ones when I’m just getting the hang of my 2015 resolutions. Seriously where is time going? 2015 has been a year of growth for me, so much has happened this past year and I have learnt so many things about life and myself in general. I’ve made a list of my top 15 lessons to share with you and hopefully they’ll be helpful to you because they definitely helped me.
- Deal with unresolved issues! The latter part of my 2015 has been challenging but as I write this I can say things are definitely looking up! Personal healing is so important It’s so important to be at peace with yourself and eliminate toxic feelings that can be blocking your ability to progress and move on. Either talking to a friend/relative you trust or speaking to someone professional is something I highly recommend! 2015 was definitely my year of healing.
- Live in the moment. It’s so easy to get caught up with tomorrow’s plans or yesterday’s regrets. But just stop and be grateful for the moment you are in and breathe.
- Make time for friends. ‘Life’ can just take over and you’ll stop and realise you haven’t checked in with your girl for a couple weeks or more. Even a text or a quick call to catch up or to let them know you haven’t forgotten about them goes a long way. 🙂
- You can’t please everyone! This is probably the biggest lesson I’ve learnt this year. People are always going to have their opinion, that’s none of your business. Walk in your truth and be true to who you are.
- Trust your intuition. It’s always right so don’t ignore it.
- Have more fun! Do more of what makes you happy.
- There’s always someone slower/faster, bigger/smaller, richer/poorer than you. Be proud but humble.
- Love your body!You only get one so be kind to it and treat it well.
- Stop procrastination. No excuses. Just do it!
- Say yes more. There is so much this life has to offer. Explore, try new things, challenge yourself.
- Take risks. Life is all about taking risks or else how will you know. “Jump and build the parachute on the way down” One of my absolute favourite quotes!
- Jealousy is such a waste of an emotion. Stop comparing or trying to be like someone else. Stay in your lane and focus on what you want for your life.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are doing your best in this journey called life.
- Not all things go to plan. Go with the flow and adapt when you need to.
- It’s absolutely ok to distance yourself from toxic individuals, even if they’re your family. Protect your energy. Ain’t nobody got time for all that negativity.
Bonus! Be BADASS! Nothing is impossible but nothing comes easy so do the work.
I’d love to know what you biggest lesson was in 2015. Let me know in the comment section.